Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grandma Gets into the Swing of Things


While visiting my son Nelson in Austin this summer, he and Ann, my daughter-in-law, asked if I would be willing to provide a "music camp" for my grandchildren, Sofia, age 11 and Jeremy, age 8. Sofia plays Nelson's Tercerola guitar made for him in Mexico City in 1974 by Juan Pimental. Jeremy plays Nelson's quarter size cello.

From beginning Guitar Choir Music we had purchased in Germany in the 1970s, I made an arrangement of "Behutsames Tanzchen" (careful dances) from Spielstucke fur drei Gitarren by Konrad Wolki, (Schott edition 1962.) Ann played Nelson's full-sized cello with Jeremy. Sofia and her Dad played guitar, and I played violin. The three generations then drove to Corpus Christi and "performed" for Ann's parents, George and Ruby Baddour.

Needless to say, it was the highlight of my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment